When your pet gets injured or sick, prompt diagnostic testing and care often make a significant difference. Lake Animal Hospital’s in-house tools allow us to get fast, accurate results so we can focus our efforts on implementing an appropriate course of treatment.
Pet Laboratory Tests
A sample of blood, urine, or feces can reveal an extensive amount of information about what is going on inside your pet’s body. Our in-house laboratory allows our veterinary staff to obtain detailed patient assessments quickly and conveniently.
Onsite Pet Diagnostic Testing Available at Lake Animal Hospital include:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC): Measures the number of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets to help diagnose infections, anemia, and leukemia.
- Blood Chemistry Panel: Measures electrolytes, enzymes, and chemical elements to determine how the organs are functioning.
- Urinalysis: Detects the presence of substances such as protein, sugar, or blood to diagnose urinary tract infections, diabetes, and kidney problems.
- Fecal Exam: Identifies intestinal parasites such as round, hook, and whip worms.
- Infection Screening: Onsite testing for deadly infections, including Lyme Disease, Anaplasmosis, Heartworm, Parvo, Leptospirosis, Feline Leukemia, and Feline AIDS.
For advanced diagnostics that cannot be performed onsite, we partner with IDEXX Laboratories, the leading diagnostic testing laboratory in the veterinary industry. These reference laboratories provide high-quality analyses and quick turnaround times.
We have the latest in imaging technology. Digital X-ray is an imaging tool that provides a non-invasive method of examining your pet’s internal organs, including the muscular-skeletal, cardiopulmonary, gastrointestinal, and urinary systems.
Digital images can be visualized within a few seconds following exposure, reducing the length of the imaging procedure and the amount of stress for your pet.
Lake Animal Hospital has relationships with a variety of specialists in telemedicine. Telemedicine allows a veterinarian specialist to diagnose a condition and recommend treatment, without an in-person meeting. We offer specialty telemedicine services in cardiology and radiology.