Proper nutrition is a very important aspect of your pet’s overall physical health. Good nutrition can help your pet fight against disease and promote overall well-being. Pets should be fed a balanced pet diet based on a number of factors, including life stage, breed or size, activity level, and any health conditions.
Balanced Pet Diets Offered by Lake Animal Hospital
Lake Animal Hospital offers iVet Healthy Gourmet Pet Food for all life stages of dogs and cats.
iVet pet food has been formulated to maximize digestion through a blend of whole chicken meat and high-quality carbohydrates, such as rice, oatmeal, and pearled barley. This balanced pet diet also includes enhanced levels of Omega-3 fatty acids to deliver a formula that supports your pet’s health and vitality at any life stage.
Therapeutic Prescription Pet Foods and Supplements
Many pets that suffer from chronic disease conditions can benefit from nutritional therapy. Our veterinarians can help you select the right foods and supplements to manage your pet’s individual nutritional and health needs.
We carry a selection of prescription pet foods formulated by Science Diet, Purina, and Royal Canin that can reduce symptoms and manage the following health conditions:
- Skin and ear disorders
- Urinary and kidney disorders
- Joint pain and arthritis
- Digestive disorders
- Diabetes and pancreatic conditions
- Obesity and weight loss
Lake Animal Hospital also offers a selection of premium prescription quality supplements:
- FortiFlora: Probiotic for digestive health
- Nordic Naturals: Premium fish oil to decrease inflammation in the skin
- Ocu-Glo: Grapeseed extract and lutein extract for eye health
- Dasuquin: Glucosamine, chondroitin, and turmeric supplement for joint health
- Glandex: Pumpkin fiber and probiotic for anal gland health
- Denamarin: Milk thistle and antioxidants for liver health
- CranPlus: Cranberry extract and echinacea for urinary health